How To Clean Toaster Oven? This Basic Knowledge You Need To Know
Taking care of your toaster oven is easy. Many people, however, spend less time to make sure that their toaster oven is clean and safe for heating various products.
Because it plays an important role for all your meals, then it would be proper to say that you need all the right tools and knowledge on how to take care of a toaster oven.
In recent times, people prefer the toaster oven to the microwave, and thus, it can do more work than its original objective. This is because food can easily lose nutrients when you use the microwave to heat it unlike the toaster oven.
Uses Of a Toaster Oven
- You can use your oven to warm your plates before you put food on them. You can roast them at a high temperature for around 5 minutes
- You can use it to toast nuts. Just place them on a pan or aluminum foil and arrange the nuts in a straight line. Heat them for 10-15 minutes with constant turning every 5 minutes.
- You can use it to bake cakes, muffins, and cookies.
- You can use this oven to cook stew dishes including baking potatoes and melting solid cheese
- You can use it to toast meat. However, ensure that you cut the meat into small pieces so that it can efficiently roast them.
- You can also reheat leftover food and defrost food that was initially stored in a freezer.
Tips For Buying a New Toaster Oven
When shopping, ensure that you buy one that matches the need in your kitchen as well something that will be easy to maintain. If you want to replace your old toaster oven, you should surely look for something that will stay. This is because you do not want to go back to your supplier shop just after a few months of use.
- Make sure that it comes with a right size. Pick something that will perfectly fit your working space. It is good to measure the actual size that will fit in your kitchen space.
Also, the compartment where the roasting will take place needs to be bigger. Ensure that it can fit as many bread slices as possible inside. For instance, if you are looking for a toaster oven that will fit a whole chicken be sure to look for a 6-slice toaster oven.
- You can buy toaster ovens with other pans, racks, and trays. Each of these apparatus has a particular function depending on what you want to prepare. For example, you can use a baking pan to place your cake so that it can bake efficiently.
Additionally, a good toaster oven comes with an extra tray that can help hold on to any breadcrumbs that may drop inside the toaster oven. Therefore, it makes it easy to clean the oven.
- A good toaster should have the ability to heat many things. It can be used to make breakfast toast, baking dinners, and snacks and even broil your chicken and fish.
How To Clean a Toaster Oven
Many people are stuck when it comes to cleaning their toaster ovens. However, you should know that it takes a very short time to clean it.
After this, leaving your toaster oven untidy will be a thing of the past. So, stay put and listen carefully.
First, gather the following items that you need:
- Scrubbing pads
- Soft cloths
- Baking soda
Make sure that you unplug the toaster from the socket. You do not want to electrocute yourself in case of an electrical fault. Therefore, it is a good safety measure. It is also important to let the oven cool down if it is just from use.
Before you even start scrubbing any dirt, remove any leftover food and crumbs left in the oven. Also, eliminate the trays and the racks from the inside so that you can create more space for cleaning.
Spray some all-purpose cleaner on the trays and racks. Use a non-abrasive cloth such as a sponge. This is because this type of cloth has an ability to absorb more liquid. Furthermore, they do not damage the tray coating. Make sure you do not scrub the trays forcefully.
Use a mixture of baking soda, vinegar, and water to wash the interior of the oven. This mixture should maintain a thick mixture as toothpaste. Use a scrubbing pad to wipe the inside of the oven.
This is the hardest part to wash on the oven since the greased walls may be difficult to scrub. You can also a toothbrush to reach the unreachable interior parts. Make sure that you first let the water mixture react with the grease in the oven for 10 minutes.
After the `10 minutes, take the soft cloth with some water and wipe off the dirt. If the grease does not come off with the first scrub, apply the water mixture you had applied before and repeat the process.
Use the baking soda to clean the other oven elements such as the heating element, steel gate, and the mesh. Baking soda will also help to remove any unwanted odors.After successful cleaning, give it some time to dry up. You can plug it back as it is now ready to prepare the next meal.
Maintaining a Toaster Oven
Clean the toaster after use. Make this a habit. I prefer this method since it prevents the grease from increasing. Thus, cleaning becomes easier.
It is good to keep your oven for heating not storing. Some people think that placing their bread on top of the toaster makes it easy to reach for it when you need it. However, this can turn out hazardous as a hot oven can cause any plastic bag placed on its top to melt. This causes damage to your oven.
However, in case a plastic bag melts on it, you can use some nail polish to kick out any discolor from the oven.
Put a liner in the oven for light washing. See to it that the liner perfectly fits the oven. You can also replace it after some time.
Remember to unplug the oven every time it is not in use. This ensures that any electrical fault that occurs while you are away from home does not damage the oven.
It is good to ensure that you maintain your toaster oven. This makes it durable.We would love to hear from you. What opinion do you have about the article? Also, let us know some of the methods you use to clean up your oven.Remember to share it with your friends.